Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Filling the Pool

First Off, transfers are this week, but I am staying in the same area with Sister Gillespie and Elder Perkins and Elder Morgan that serve in our ward are staying as well. Pretty boring, but I am glad I am not moving.
This week has been all sorts of exciting! I have been kind of sick, but I think that it is mostly due to the fact that I have drank an entire gallon of milk in a week two weeks in a row now. Now would be the time to get impressed. Also, I am thinking that this sickness is the other trigger for my desire to have my hair in the bun on top of my head all week.
Well, the week has been lots of fun. Our teaching pool has been growing quite a bit, which gets us super excited!
We got to meet Carlos' wife, Kyndra. She is very interested in the church and says that she already knows its true because she has seen Carlos have real interest in it and find out for himself. We are excited for her to want to follow in his footsteps. We are working on the idea of knowing for herself that it is true. It's great to be teaching a family though. Carlos' Baptism date is quickly approaching, so we are getting really excited about that as well. Not only are we filling our teaching pool, but we are about to be able to fill the baptismal font :)
We have also been teaching Mike. He is quite the guy. He has a pretty rough past, but we are working with him on understanding the Atonement and how it can strengthen us in everything we do. 
Speaking of the Atonement and Jesus Christ-- The Easter Season is upon us. While chocolate bunnies and jelly beans are quite awesome, They are not the most important. This week is a time to celebrate Jesus Christ and His ressurection and Atonement. 
My challenge for you all this week is to share this video. It's called, "Because of Him." It is on youtube, Mormon.org, and many other places. I am sure that my wonderful sister Lisa would be so kind as to place a link to or the actual video right here as well :)
 
"BECAUSE OF HIM"  #BecauseofHim
 
Watched it yet? Perfect. Now go and share it with everyone you can. You have the wonderful technology of smart phones and social media that missionaries do not have. Put it on facebook, tweet it, share it. Do whatever you have to do to let everyone know of the wonderful gift they have been given by our loving Savior, Jesus Christ. If you are 'disconnected' then you will have to just tell everyone you know about it. 
I know that our Savior lives and that He loves us. Be diligent in your testimony of Him, and be true to the covenants you have made.

Love, 
Sister Hope :)
 
 
                                                                      Happy Easter!

 
VISUAL REMINDER . . . Please Send Letters.
 

I have started a bad habit of putting my hair up, mostly just because I am excited that it is long enough. This is a recent convert, Amy. She got  baptized just before I got out here. She is moving back in with her parents though, so she will no longer be in our mission. We love her though!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment