| Kyndras Baptism! |
| Don't worry! The emergency latch inside of our trunk works-- We tested :) |
Greetings from one of the hottest places on earth! We have been having
such great adventures in the California sunshine this week! Its been
over 100 F at least 5 days this week. One day is was at 103 at 6pm. I
keep saying how grateful I am for the air conditioning in our car, but
since we park and walk as often as possible, we really dont get to
fully enjoy it.
This week has been pretty fun! Not as many lessons as normal, but the
ones we have had were great!
I have been working on my studying skills a lot the last couple of
weeks, and it has been pretty rewarding! I have been trying to study
more out of preach my gospel rather than just studying what I think
will be useful and I have felt much more satisfied in my studies. I
wish that I had realized 10 weeks ago what a blessing this manual is
to us. I hope that I never forget it! It really is helping me to draw
that line between simplicity and complexity in my mind. I hope that it
is working in my teaching as well. Sister Gillespie and I have been
practicing doing a one minute version of the Restoration. The simple
yet strong testimony that we are able to bear is something that I know
could positively influence those that we teach. We haven't had very
much opportunity to use it, but the practicing alone helps the rest of
our lessons cut the fluff. If you haven't noticed by the length of the
emails that I write-- that is something that I struggle with.
One of the things that we have been told by President Van Cott is that
although we are not a tracting mission, we should be knocking doors
when we are in an area and our plans have fallen through. If we are in
that area, it is for a reason. So, we have had some interesting
experiences knocking on doors when appointments fall through. It
hasn't been too bad. People politely decline for the most part :) If
only they knew what they were missing!!
In other news-- our now recent convert family is doing wonderful!!
Carlos-- who was baptized 3 weeks ago and then given the priesthood
last week-- baptized his wife, Kyndra, on Saturday night! It is so
wonderful to see how far this family has come! I am so excited for
them! They already have their eyes on the temple! They are preparing
to go to the family history center to search for their ancestry, and
take those names to the temple! They are also looking forward to the
day when they can take their family to the temple to be sealed for
time and all eternity! They are the best!! We had a lesson with them
early in the week and taught about missionary work. We were
encouraging them to invite lots of friends to the baptism to help them
celebrate this beautiful turning point in their lives. During the
lesson they bore testimony of the gospel. It was so sweet to hear such
simple testimony from saints that are so fresh in the Gospel! It
really struck me that we don't have to know everything to know that
the Gospel of Jesus Christ is here on the earth today and it really
does bring our families happiness when we accept the principles
taught!
This is the last week of the transfer which also means it is the last
week of my training! Woo Hoo! I hope I get to stay in this area with
Sister Gillespie though! I really do love it!
Well I hope that all of you are finding ways that Heavenly Father is
blessing you and then being grateful for those blessings and doing all
that you can to use them! I love you all and I hope you have a
wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Hope :)
such great adventures in the California sunshine this week! Its been
over 100 F at least 5 days this week. One day is was at 103 at 6pm. I
keep saying how grateful I am for the air conditioning in our car, but
since we park and walk as often as possible, we really dont get to
fully enjoy it.
This week has been pretty fun! Not as many lessons as normal, but the
ones we have had were great!
I have been working on my studying skills a lot the last couple of
weeks, and it has been pretty rewarding! I have been trying to study
more out of preach my gospel rather than just studying what I think
will be useful and I have felt much more satisfied in my studies. I
wish that I had realized 10 weeks ago what a blessing this manual is
to us. I hope that I never forget it! It really is helping me to draw
that line between simplicity and complexity in my mind. I hope that it
is working in my teaching as well. Sister Gillespie and I have been
practicing doing a one minute version of the Restoration. The simple
yet strong testimony that we are able to bear is something that I know
could positively influence those that we teach. We haven't had very
much opportunity to use it, but the practicing alone helps the rest of
our lessons cut the fluff. If you haven't noticed by the length of the
emails that I write-- that is something that I struggle with.
One of the things that we have been told by President Van Cott is that
although we are not a tracting mission, we should be knocking doors
when we are in an area and our plans have fallen through. If we are in
that area, it is for a reason. So, we have had some interesting
experiences knocking on doors when appointments fall through. It
hasn't been too bad. People politely decline for the most part :) If
only they knew what they were missing!!
In other news-- our now recent convert family is doing wonderful!!
Carlos-- who was baptized 3 weeks ago and then given the priesthood
last week-- baptized his wife, Kyndra, on Saturday night! It is so
wonderful to see how far this family has come! I am so excited for
them! They already have their eyes on the temple! They are preparing
to go to the family history center to search for their ancestry, and
take those names to the temple! They are also looking forward to the
day when they can take their family to the temple to be sealed for
time and all eternity! They are the best!! We had a lesson with them
early in the week and taught about missionary work. We were
encouraging them to invite lots of friends to the baptism to help them
celebrate this beautiful turning point in their lives. During the
lesson they bore testimony of the gospel. It was so sweet to hear such
simple testimony from saints that are so fresh in the Gospel! It
really struck me that we don't have to know everything to know that
the Gospel of Jesus Christ is here on the earth today and it really
does bring our families happiness when we accept the principles
taught!
This is the last week of the transfer which also means it is the last
week of my training! Woo Hoo! I hope I get to stay in this area with
Sister Gillespie though! I really do love it!
Well I hope that all of you are finding ways that Heavenly Father is
blessing you and then being grateful for those blessings and doing all
that you can to use them! I love you all and I hope you have a
wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Hope :)
No comments:
Post a Comment