Family!
Still sad to see no letters in the mailbox, but I guess I will get over it and live, right? Doesn't appear as if it is going to change,so I suppose this is the way it will be.
This week hasn't been too exciting as far as progressing investigators go. We have continued working with Michael, and Kyndra. We taught Michael in a members home this week. We got to go to the Carlson's home, and it was awesome! Brother Carlson is a high school water polo coach and probably the coolest man I have ever met! He was really good for Michael too. He told him that he has the answer to all of his problems right in front of him and it is time to stop worrying about the future, let himself up and start taking action! it was great! Michael really respected him. The only reason we are teaching him as sisters is because he doesn't like the Elders, or men in general. He really responded to Brother Carlson though, and that was a huge step for him!
Kyndra is coming a long great as well. We had to push her baptism back a week because of scheduling conflicts, but she will be getting baptized in a couple of weeks, hopefully by Carlos. They both left church early on Sunday though because Carlos said he felt sick. It was too bad. Carlos was supposed to be there early to have his interview with the Bishop to receive the Priesthood, and then be ordained during Elder's Quorum, but neither worked out. Lame, but it will happen,
their family is great!
As for adventures this week there has been a couple. Sister Gillespie decided that I should drive this week so that I can actually know our area for and exchange that we are doing this week. All good and fine, but I really don't prefer to drive. Also, we had to switch cars this week with some Sisters down in the desert which means that this girl had to drive on the California freeway! It was terrifying to say the least!! way too many lanes of traffic and drivers that are in too big of a hurry and like to cut you off going 80mph. Not my idea of fun.
Also, you might think that I am spoiled getting to be in big city southern California, but you have no idea. The Arnott's (our home share family) Have been out of town this weekend. Well last night we got home to do some training and plan for the night and I ran upstairs to get some water. To my surprise There was half of a rabbit carcass in the middle of their living room. Luckily on of their sons live close by and was taking care of the animals for them while they were away. We called him and he came right over to take care of the problem. I guess being from Idaho didn't even prepare me for that one. Gross to say the least.
Well on that happy note, I hope that you are all having a great week and that you are remembering to see the blessings all around you. Heavenly Father gives us so much! Do something with it this week! :)
Love you all,
Sister Hope
No comments:
Post a Comment