Monday, June 2, 2014

Crafton Hills Singles Ward

Well, I can honestly say that when I left on my mission I did not
expect to be in singles ward again for at least 18 more months. It is
looking like I am eating my words though.
This week has been pretty fun. My new companion is Sister Dowd. She is
from Utah. It has been pretty funny-- every time anyone introduces us,
people always think that it is Sister Hope and Sister Doubt. It has
given some pretty good laughs!
Other than that, I am not sure what to say about the week. We got
whitewashed in, so neither of us really know the area. We both know
bits and peices, but since we cover two entire stakes, it doesnt do us
too much good. Most of the week has been spent just trying to meet
people in the ward.
We have 3 people preparing for baptism just from going through former
investigators, so that is pretty exciting. Heavenly Father sure does
bless us! It is going to be pretty fun working here. This ward didn't
really have missionaries last transfer, so we are working on building
a teaching pool! It is fun!

One of the things I liked that I learned this week was from fast and
testimony meeting yesterday. One of the members of the stake
presidency got up and related a story about a marine in boot camp. In
the story, the marine said that sometimes the most satisfying thing he
did all day was make his bed. He knew that if he made his bed
perfectly as expected that there was at least one thing he could be
proud of for the day. He likened this back to the YSA ward by telling
them to do the little things that you can find happiness in. Pray,
read your scriptures, go to chuch, keep the covenants you have made.

So, if you want to be happy, make your bed. (or do all those other
little things to make yourself happy )

Love you all so much!
Sister Hope
Sister Gillespie and I on our last morning together :( We decided to
be twinners :)

This is the Arnott's. LOVE them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment