Well, it has been quite the week.To start off, a couple of
weeks ago
for FHE in the ward we were playing volleyball, sounds
pretty harmless
right? Well, there was a large hill behind where we were
playing and
clumsy me decided to fall down it. I did not think too much
of it, but
since then my shoulder has been really sore. Our Bishop's
wife is a PA
and checked it out one night at an activity and decided that
there
could be reason to worry, and that I should come in and get
it checked
out. I did, and they ended up taking an Xray. Nothing was
wrong-- with
the bone that is-- but we now have a reason to fill the ice
trays in
our freezers :)
I have some pain killers that they prescribed me, and I am
sure that I
will be just fine. It did give me an opportunity to have a
cool
experience with the priesthood though. I have been able to
learn
through this experience-- along with a few others before my
mission--
what it really means to honor the Priesthood. Thursday
morning before
I went to get my shoulder checked out I decided I wanted a
priesthood
blessing, so my companion called our district leader, Elder
Hevner,
for me and arranged so that the Elders could help me out. It
is such a
huge blessing to have men, that hold the Priesthood Authority
of God,
worthy and so willing to help us out in life's rough spots.
A couple of weeks ago while watching the "Finding Faith
in Christ"
video it hit me-- the men in our church hold the same
priesthood that
Jesus Christ held. They are able to perform those same
miracles
because they have the same power. It was neat to be able to
draw that
connection and see that these miracles are dependent on our
faith in
the Savior. All of the wonderful blessings of the priesthood
are done
in the name of Jesus Christ, and our faith is a witness to
Him . The
priesthood is capable of anything, it is us who lack the
faith.
While it may not seem like a mighty miracle that my shoulder
is in
recovery and I will most likely be perfectly fine, I know
that the
Authority that those men hold is real. I know that I am so
blessed to
be able to call upon them and I am so eternally grateful
that they
take the time to honor the gift that they have and live up
to the oath
and covenant that they have entered in to. I love the
priesthood, and
I am so indebted to the men that hold it, but more
importantly, I am
indebted to my Heavenly Father. I am so thankful that He has
not
forsaken us, and that He has again blessed His children with
His power
here on the earth. I wish that every young man understood
the
magnitude of his calling, but I will never overlook the
beauty of one
that does.
In other news, This week Cameron and Steffan are getting
baptized! Woo
Hoo! It is very exciting, and has been a long time coming. I
love them
so much and it has been awesome to see them take the steps
to be able
to witness unto Heavenly Father that they are willing to
take upon
themselves the name of Jesus Christ and enter into the
covenant of
baptism! Heavenly
Father truly does bless us so much :)
Its about to be another great week laboring in the vineyard!
I love you all!
Sister Hope :)
Also, a funny moment from the week…..
| How you know the Sisters have arrived! (And, no I didn't park this car!) |
| How you know the Elder's have arrived! |
No comments:
Post a Comment