This week has been interesting. It is always an interesting week when
a new companion comes. Sister Rogers and I are very different, but we
are working through the kinks of adjusting to someone new:)
As for the work this week-- Our investigator in the Mill Creek ward,
Brother Hayden, is doing pretty well. He loves us coming over, and is
beginning to read the Book of Mormon for the first time! It is very
exciting for him. His wife has been a member for over 30 years, and it
has been so fun to watch his faith and interest grow in the last few
months. His wife is always expressing gratitude to us because we are
the first missionaries that have stuck around for more than one
lesson. I love Brother Hayden! He is so wonderful, and I know that he
will accept Jesus Christ as his savior, hopefully soon!
In the YSA ward, there is a lot going on as always. Steffan was able
to bless the sacrament this week, and that was very exciting for him.
Him and Cameron have introduced us to his sister, Marilyn! she came to
church this week and even asked for a priesthood blessing while we
were there!
We also had a really cool experience with our investigator, Kenny. We
weren't sure where to go with him this week. We had taught him the
first 3 lessons, but he was not very solid on Jesus Christ and His
divinity. We didn't want to start commandments until we felt like he
had a really good understanding there. We decided to watch "Finding
Faith in Christ" with him, and the lesson was FANTASTIC! the spirit
was so strong there, and when we asked him how his Book of Mormon
reading was going afterwards he said, "If all of the things that you
are telling me are true-- and I don't think that you are lying-- then
this is the most important information that anyone could ever hear.
This is more groundbreaking than man walking on the moon and more life
changing than any discovery that has ever been made. I am just waiting
for that moment that I can say 'I know it' and really feel that way."
It was awesome! we bore testimony of the power of the Book of Mormon
and told him how that would be the key to knowing. He said that he was
ready to work for an answer! He is such a great person, and I am so
grateful for the work that our Savior is doing in his life. I really
do know that it is by the power of the Holy Ghost that all of this has
been put together in his mind!
I also got to speak in church this week! My topic was member
missionary work. I hope that all of you are working hard at being
better missionaries. It's not a job that belongs to only those with
nametags. If you are wondering how you can be better and repent,
please read the talk "Find the Lambs, Feed the Sheep" by President
Gordon B. Hinckley. It is awesome! All of us can be better about
sharing the Gospel with our friends, and helping love people in to the
Gospel. Find a way to be better this week :)
I love this gospel, and I know that it is true! I am so grateful for
the Atonement in my life and that we all have the ability to gain
access to the power that it holds. He lives. I know it. I love sharing
it :)
On to another week in the vineyard,
Love you!
Sister Hope
a new companion comes. Sister Rogers and I are very different, but we
are working through the kinks of adjusting to someone new:)
As for the work this week-- Our investigator in the Mill Creek ward,
Brother Hayden, is doing pretty well. He loves us coming over, and is
beginning to read the Book of Mormon for the first time! It is very
exciting for him. His wife has been a member for over 30 years, and it
has been so fun to watch his faith and interest grow in the last few
months. His wife is always expressing gratitude to us because we are
the first missionaries that have stuck around for more than one
lesson. I love Brother Hayden! He is so wonderful, and I know that he
will accept Jesus Christ as his savior, hopefully soon!
In the YSA ward, there is a lot going on as always. Steffan was able
to bless the sacrament this week, and that was very exciting for him.
Him and Cameron have introduced us to his sister, Marilyn! she came to
church this week and even asked for a priesthood blessing while we
were there!
We also had a really cool experience with our investigator, Kenny. We
weren't sure where to go with him this week. We had taught him the
first 3 lessons, but he was not very solid on Jesus Christ and His
divinity. We didn't want to start commandments until we felt like he
had a really good understanding there. We decided to watch "Finding
Faith in Christ" with him, and the lesson was FANTASTIC! the spirit
was so strong there, and when we asked him how his Book of Mormon
reading was going afterwards he said, "If all of the things that you
are telling me are true-- and I don't think that you are lying-- then
this is the most important information that anyone could ever hear.
This is more groundbreaking than man walking on the moon and more life
changing than any discovery that has ever been made. I am just waiting
for that moment that I can say 'I know it' and really feel that way."
It was awesome! we bore testimony of the power of the Book of Mormon
and told him how that would be the key to knowing. He said that he was
ready to work for an answer! He is such a great person, and I am so
grateful for the work that our Savior is doing in his life. I really
do know that it is by the power of the Holy Ghost that all of this has
been put together in his mind!
I also got to speak in church this week! My topic was member
missionary work. I hope that all of you are working hard at being
better missionaries. It's not a job that belongs to only those with
nametags. If you are wondering how you can be better and repent,
please read the talk "Find the Lambs, Feed the Sheep" by President
Gordon B. Hinckley. It is awesome! All of us can be better about
sharing the Gospel with our friends, and helping love people in to the
Gospel. Find a way to be better this week :)
I love this gospel, and I know that it is true! I am so grateful for
the Atonement in my life and that we all have the ability to gain
access to the power that it holds. He lives. I know it. I love sharing
it :)
On to another week in the vineyard,
Love you!
Sister Hope
| Cameron raises Madagascar Hissing cockroaches and sells them for profit. Just sayin'. Gross! and they are super loud! |
| Happy 7/11! |
| Also, I ate an entire pie this week. Oops. |
No comments:
Post a Comment