Hey Family!
Well this week has been a little boring, but I will try to give you a
summary of my adventures still :)
Cameron and Steffan are doing awesome! Steffan was ordained to the
office of Priest yesterday, and both him and Cameron are planning on
going to the temple with the ward to do baptisms for the dead this
week! We are so incredibly excited for their love of the Gospel! They
build our testimonies every time we get to meet with them! They have a
lot of struggles that they are always working through, but they are
working through them and growing more and more each day!
We have also been working with Brother Hayden in the Mill Creek ward.
He has a lot of arguments in him, but we love him so much! He has not
always been a huge fan of the missionaries that have come over, so it
is awesome that he has loved Me and sister Dowd so much! :)
That's kind of it for Highlights this week I think.
The Fourth of July was AWESOME! I am so grateful to be a missionary in
such a blessed land. We have the freedom to worship our Heavenly
Father and Jesus Christ and to share our faith with others! That is
such a blessing! It truly is a promised land, and as we live up to the
covenants we make, we can enjoy so many of the promised blessings. I
love the people here in southern California and I know that this is
the place my Heavenly Father needed me to go :)
In other news, I felt my first California Earthquake! It felt more
like a mob running up the stairs of our apartment, but It was pretty
cool I guess. I am sure there will be many more to come. The one I
felt was Friday morning, and I think I heard something about the
epicenter being in Big Bear. You guys are welcome to look it up and
see how large the earthquake I survived was ;)
Last thing-- TRANSFERS :)
Yup, those are this week! We got our phone call a couple of hours ago.
I am staying in YSA and Mill Creek, and Sister Dowd is going to Palm
Dessert. I think my new companion is Sister Rogers, but don't quote me
on that one. It should be a great transfer!
Hope you enjoy all of the pictures!
Love you!
Sister Hope
Well this week has been a little boring, but I will try to give you a
summary of my adventures still :)
Cameron and Steffan are doing awesome! Steffan was ordained to the
office of Priest yesterday, and both him and Cameron are planning on
going to the temple with the ward to do baptisms for the dead this
week! We are so incredibly excited for their love of the Gospel! They
build our testimonies every time we get to meet with them! They have a
lot of struggles that they are always working through, but they are
working through them and growing more and more each day!
We have also been working with Brother Hayden in the Mill Creek ward.
He has a lot of arguments in him, but we love him so much! He has not
always been a huge fan of the missionaries that have come over, so it
is awesome that he has loved Me and sister Dowd so much! :)
That's kind of it for Highlights this week I think.
The Fourth of July was AWESOME! I am so grateful to be a missionary in
such a blessed land. We have the freedom to worship our Heavenly
Father and Jesus Christ and to share our faith with others! That is
such a blessing! It truly is a promised land, and as we live up to the
covenants we make, we can enjoy so many of the promised blessings. I
love the people here in southern California and I know that this is
the place my Heavenly Father needed me to go :)
In other news, I felt my first California Earthquake! It felt more
like a mob running up the stairs of our apartment, but It was pretty
cool I guess. I am sure there will be many more to come. The one I
felt was Friday morning, and I think I heard something about the
epicenter being in Big Bear. You guys are welcome to look it up and
see how large the earthquake I survived was ;)
Last thing-- TRANSFERS :)
Yup, those are this week! We got our phone call a couple of hours ago.
I am staying in YSA and Mill Creek, and Sister Dowd is going to Palm
Dessert. I think my new companion is Sister Rogers, but don't quote me
on that one. It should be a great transfer!
Hope you enjoy all of the pictures!
Love you!
Sister Hope
| This was my district this Transfer Sister Rivera, Sister Dowd, Sister Lee, Sister Hope, Elder Armstrong, Elder Hevner |
| Fourth of July Slurpee!! :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment