Well,
another Transfer has come to an end. They seem to fly by too quickly!
This
week has been busy. We met a Less Active that told us that she wasn't a
"Mormon" but was Jewish, and then proceded to tell us how some
Sisters coerced her into getting baptized like 20 years ago. She was really
nice. She had a lot of cats. :) She told us that we could come over and start
teaching her our missionary lessons. We will see if that works out :)
We
had a really good lesson with Francisco this week. Well, I dont know if
"really good" would be the best description of it. The Spirit was
really strong, so that made it great. We were talking with him about faith and
about miracles. He told us that he didnt really think that he knew if what we
were saying is true or not. It was neat though because after a little talking,
he told us that he knew what he needed to do-- That he needed to start reading
and praying about the Book of Mormon on his own. His idea was to read two chapters
a day-- one at morning and one at night-- and continue to pray and find his own
answer. At the end of our lesson he said one of the most faithful prayers I
have heard on my mission. He is such a great kid. He is going to figure it out
one day. I am sure of it. I just dont know that it will be as quickly as this
whole ward thinks it should be.
This
week I also went on exchanges with Sister Jones. It was super fun. We had lots
of lessons and things just flowed. It was great :)
Sister
Schmid was at church for all three hours again this week, so she seems to be
doing just fine. We sure love her :)
There
are so many wonderful people here. Saying goodbye is really beginning to get
old. I am grateful that The Lord has seen fit to bless me to be able to meet so
many people though and to be able to learn and grow from them. I have loved
each and every one of them, and though I am sad to leave the Bermuda Dunes ward
after just 6 weeks, I am excited to be able to go to another new place. This
week I am moving to Desert Hot Springs.
Oh,
and just so that I dont forget, I owe the Flores family a trip to Tijuana for
tacos :)
Well,
I love you all. I hope that you are doing well and that you have many blessings
to count. I am so very grateful for this Gospel. It really is a miraculous one.
I cannot believe how blessed I am and how blessed we all can be as followers
and disciples of our Savior Jesus Christ.
I'm
off to new places, I'm off and away! Wish me luck packing!
Sister Hope
No comments:
Post a Comment