Monday, July 13, 2015

The final countdown...

We made a title of liberty :)


I was going to attach a picture of the countdown chain that me and my companion made that is getting incredibly short, but I forgot. Lo Siento :)

Here are some pictures from our hike this week :)

These trees smell like butter scotch :)
 Fun Pday excursion ;)

At the top of the mountain it was only about 70 degrees so we were freezing. And it rained.. We were cold, but we could see the hot desert down below :)

Well, The rest of this week has been pretty fun as well. We picked up a few new investigators, and we also had some returning miracles.
Brother Shaner is on date for baptism closer to the end of the year :) Woo HOO! Also, we saw LaVerne last night and Julia miraculously came back to church. I dont know that I have given you enough details for all of that to make sense, but it's okay. I can explain all the in between soon enough :)

It is pretty strange to be in the last week of my mission. I am looking forward to see you all, but I am sure going to miss California.
(Not to mention that I think I might freeze--  it has been in the ninetys, and the nights have been getting down to about 75, and I think I might be dying)
There is a big week ahead. We have a departing missionary temple trip this week as well as the departing devotional on Sunday. Not to mention of course that Mom is coming before that.

I am so very grateful for this time that I have been able to spend serving a mission. I know that the Lord is so aware of His children because I have seen His hands in this work. I love being able to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord. I pray that I will be able to continue that when I return home. I know that this Gospel is true. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church here on the Earth and that because we know that we owe it to our Heavenly Father to make these things known. As king Benjamin taught, "There are not any among you that have not been taught concerning these things, but what knoweth that ye are eternally indebted to you heavenly Father to render to him all that you have and are" (Mosiah 2:34)
We are eternally indebted to our Heavenly Father. I know that he has a great work for each of us to do here on this earth. I am so grateful that the California Redlands mission got to be part of mine :)
I love in Alma when Alma and the sons of Mosiah meet back up after their missionary journeys. It is always fun to be able to meet up with old friends, but Alma says, "What added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord; yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding, and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God" (Alma 17:2) I cannot wait to see all of my "brethren in the Lord." its an exciting time and a blessing to be doing this work, but how much more exciting be able to do the work of the Lord with my own friends and family :)
I love you all!

Sister Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment