So, This week has been such an adventure!! I am finally out of the MTC and that is great! My new companion is Sister Gillespie. She is from Chicago, but she went to school in Rexburg. I have been learning so much from her, and I have loved every step of the way. The day we left Utah it snowed, so it was pretty awesome to be welcomed by 68 degree weather. Everyone that has been here for a while thought they were freezing though. I told President Van Cott to send me to the desert in August, I will drink up that 120 sunshine :)
We don't really have any progressing investigators, so no news there. Hopefully next week I will be able to tell you all sorts of uplifting stories like that. But this week I have some fun ones!
First off, almost everyone I have met knows people that I at least know of in Idaho. Even weirder is the number of connections people have had to Wendell and Gooding. It's pretty strange. I tell people that I am from Twin Falls, and they start telling me stories about Wendell.
So, last week sometime (who knows when-- the days all blend together) we were at the Library doing our weekly planning. This little old man walked out of the library and then came back in because he forgot his walker. He came up to our table, and said, "Every step counts when your 92." How true is that? But more true, Every step counts every day. Sister Gillespie and I have been listening to the John Bytheway talks that mom sent with me. In one of them he says that the most important question we can ask ourselves is the one our parents asked us every time we left home as teenagers. "Where are you going? and who are you going with?" Think about it in an eternal perspective. Where are we going? Who do we have helping us? Who is getting in our way of returning honorably to our Heavenly Father? Food for thought #deep.
So, our area covers two little mountain communities. One of them is Forrest Falls. We went up there last week to talk to all of the less actives in the area. While we were there, we were looking for a man's house, and went to about 4 others first. However, to get anywhere near these houses we had to cross a foot bridge made out of two logs about 10 feet above a creek. This might just sound like fun, but try it in a pencil skirt carrying a 15 pound bag. It was an adventure. We didn't find the man we were looking for, but we did find an interesting old woman that is not a member and that used to be a pastor. She gave us this religious magazine and wanted to trade for whatever message we had to share.
Also up in the mountains, the squirrels are grey. That's weird. Squirrels are supposed to be brown. I got distracted every time I saw one.
Oh, there was one cool investigator story from this week. So, On our way to a visit with a new convert we met this woman named Kim. She is very religious, and we were talking with her. She loves the bible and said that she was hesitant to talk with us because the bible says be beware of false prophets. however, we gave her a Book of Mormon and read with her the part on the title page where it says something like- ' we invite all men everywhere to read this book for themselves and ask God in the name of Jesus Christ if it is true.' Um, pretty cool. She said she would check it out, and said we could come back to talk about it with her. So, that was awesome!
I am loving it here! The field is white, already to harvest! What a great time to labor!
Oh, and for those of you missionaries or about-to-be missionaries-- read Alma 17:13 and think about how it applies to you and your friends as we embark in this marvelous work :)
Love you all!!
Sister Tara Hope
PS:Oh, also, we live in a home-share in the middle of a bunch of orange groves. If you ever wondered what happiness and sunshine smells like-- The answer is orange blossoms at 6:30 AM in march :) Yeah, its paradise :)
| My district with one of our teachers, Sister Wilkenson. |
No comments:
Post a Comment