Well, its been a real special week. I still love being a missionary,
but its been real. :)
Started off the week with a Zone Conference. President Van Cott talked
about how he wants us to work with the members. We have a lot going
with that. It gets kind of different working in singles ward, but I
still love it. Its kind of difficult to work with the members as
effectively as we would like because they all have so much going on.
It keeps us on our toes though. I just wish they would plan their
lives more than a week in advanced :)
Anywhoo, this week we have been working with Kenny, and he has been
doing really well. We taught the Law of Chastity and the Word of
Wisdom, and he committed to live them. Keep him in your prayers!
We have also continued to work with Marilyn. She is doing well, but
has a lot of hang ups. She isnt sure if she is ready to give up her
life for the Gospel, and she knows that it will be lots of change when
she lives it.
We picked up a new investigator this week, his name is Travis. Not
sure what to say about him. He really likes coming to the activities
and the ward is really loving him in, so that has been nice :)
This week has started off interestingly enough. I have joined the
ranks with my family and will be getting glasses this week, so that
will be another adventure I am sure.
It has been really rainy the last few days, and lucky Sister Rogers
and I got to walk. It was a nice change of pace I guess. It made me
feel loved really because we had so many members stop and offer us
rides. I really do love the people of Southern California :)
One thing I have learned this week is that patience is most definitely
a virtue. Anyone who has met me knows that I am nowhere near being the
most patient or loving person. However, slowly, but surely, I am
making it through-- trying to enjoy every step of the way. A few
scraped knees never hurt anyone though :)
To end, a favorite quote from the week,
"We dont bash, but when we bash, we win!" -President Van Cott
We love President Van Cott :)
I love you all! I hope that you are having a wonderful time back home!
Remember who you are and what you stand for. Live true to the
covenants you have made!
Love,
Sister Hope :)
but its been real. :)
Started off the week with a Zone Conference. President Van Cott talked
about how he wants us to work with the members. We have a lot going
with that. It gets kind of different working in singles ward, but I
still love it. Its kind of difficult to work with the members as
effectively as we would like because they all have so much going on.
It keeps us on our toes though. I just wish they would plan their
lives more than a week in advanced :)
Anywhoo, this week we have been working with Kenny, and he has been
doing really well. We taught the Law of Chastity and the Word of
Wisdom, and he committed to live them. Keep him in your prayers!
We have also continued to work with Marilyn. She is doing well, but
has a lot of hang ups. She isnt sure if she is ready to give up her
life for the Gospel, and she knows that it will be lots of change when
she lives it.
We picked up a new investigator this week, his name is Travis. Not
sure what to say about him. He really likes coming to the activities
and the ward is really loving him in, so that has been nice :)
This week has started off interestingly enough. I have joined the
ranks with my family and will be getting glasses this week, so that
will be another adventure I am sure.
It has been really rainy the last few days, and lucky Sister Rogers
and I got to walk. It was a nice change of pace I guess. It made me
feel loved really because we had so many members stop and offer us
rides. I really do love the people of Southern California :)
One thing I have learned this week is that patience is most definitely
a virtue. Anyone who has met me knows that I am nowhere near being the
most patient or loving person. However, slowly, but surely, I am
making it through-- trying to enjoy every step of the way. A few
scraped knees never hurt anyone though :)
To end, a favorite quote from the week,
"We dont bash, but when we bash, we win!" -President Van Cott
We love President Van Cott :)
I love you all! I hope that you are having a wonderful time back home!
Remember who you are and what you stand for. Live true to the
covenants you have made!
Love,
Sister Hope :)
| I may or may not have wanted to be Sister Lee at some point this week.. ;) |
| We love normal clothes :) |
| After some fun in the rain :) |
| This is Emily. We wore our YW medallions to church on Sunday. She is awesome. She pretty much fills every calling in our ward. We are going to Disneyland together one day :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment