Friday, August 1, 2014

This week has been pretty slow as far as numbers and lessons go. I
feel like everyone has been out of town. We haven't been able to meet
with very many of our investigators this week, so that has been a
little lame.
We did have a super awesome experience last Monday though. We finally
got to teach David! David has been investigating the church for quite
some time now. He has lots of member friends, and he has read the Book
of Mormon twice! He is working on reading it for a third time and is
really searching for an answer this time. I have been trying to get
David to meet with us since I have been in this ward. He has been
avoiding the missionaries because he wanted to figure things out on
his own. Well, he told us on Monday at our lesson, that he was looking
forward to finally being able to search these things out with the help
of the missionaries to find his answer!! He is so awesome! We are so
excited for him! There are so many ways that the Gospel is going to
bless his life.
I am really looking forward to the coming week. We have a lot of
lessons planned and we are finally getting the opportunity to meet
with so many of our potential investigators. It is very exciting.
Hopefully I will have a lot to report on next week :)
I truly love singles ward. It is a much different experience, but I
love it! We had a high council representative from Yucaipa speak in
the ward yesterday and he said, "The beauty of singles ward is
friendship and love." That is so true! The singles are so ready to
fellowship anyone that they meet. It is so nice knowing that if we can
just get someone to meet a few members of the ward that the members
will take them under their wing and love them into the gospel. Faith
moves mountains, but love moves people. Their desire to learn the
Gospel of Jesus Christ grows so much when they feel the love from the
members. Then, all we have to do is help them feel the Spirit testify
of truth to their hearts! I hope all of you are taking the time to
love your friends into the Gospel! This is where your heart should be,
and sharing the Truth only makes your roots grow stronger.
I am so looking forward to this week! It will be another week living the dream!

All my Love,
Sister Hope

Enjoy the pictures!
This is my roommate Sister Lee! She is awesome! You will all have to ask me about the funny things we do in our apartment when I get home.

We eat a ridiculous amount of otter pops here :) and we enjoy it!
Also, I may or may not hold the record for most Chicken Nuggets eaten
at one time in our apartment......but not the whole table :)
Sister Rogers, Sister Hope, Steffan, Cameron
We almost always teach Cameron and Steffan on the temple grounds. I am
so grateful for the temple and that I have one in my area. We get to
see it almost every day. The power and the spirit of the temple
grounds is spectacular! I love bringing investigators their!
Now I just need President Van Cott to pick a temple day so that I can
finally go inside :)
This is the fountain in the back of the temple. you can all take your
guesses at what it is supposed to symbolize. Also, please note Moroni
in the background. I love to see the temple :)


No comments:

Post a Comment