Thursday, September 4, 2014

Eat, Drink, and be Merry, for Tomorrow We Diet

This week has been so wonderful! Heavenly Father truly is in
everything that we do.
This week we have been blessed to find 5 new investigators! Heavenly
Father definitely blesses us for our efforts!
Adjusting to this new area has been interesting. It has definitely
been different adjusting back to being in a family ward. It has been
much harder than I thought it would be. There are so many wonderful
people here though, so I have loved it!
Dinner with the Soto family was great last week! We got to teach them
the Restoration. They were so excited about it! We are going back
tonight to teach them again. Hopefully that will go well! I LOVE that
family :)
We also have many other investigators, but I am not too sure about
where they all are in their progress right now, so I will wait until I
have more to tell.
We have had a lot of fun this week! one of the women in our ward is
from Africa, and she is going to help us make African dresses. We also
live in an apartment complex where there are a lot of Indian people.
We are trying to find someone that will help us to make some Punjabi
pants! I am getting all sorts of culture here! It is so much fun!
Last week I talked about learning Spanish, but I really wish that I
knew some Hindi as well. it would definitely come in handy. I never
thought I would meet so many different people in my life! I love it
though!
We walk a lot and we sing in Spanish. My skin keeps getting darker,
and my Spanish accent is improving. It's like I am serving in Mexico
:)

As for my title this week. Sister Young and I have decided to go
healthy. We haven't gained weight, but we are tired of eating
unhealthy food. We are doing a smoothie diet. We are going all fruits
and vegetables while we are at home and then we are at the mercy of
the members when we go to their houses. Hopefully we will feel a
difference. We go on exchanges once a week though, so hopefully all
will work still :) We have a pull up bar and an ab-lounge, so be
prepared to see me looking pretty bough in the next few months ;)
Yesterday was our last day before the diet started. We celebrated with
oreos, peanut butter, and a nice large cup of horchata. :)
We are also secretly hoping we get put on bike.... :) we are
determined to be fit :)

Now, how about a miracle? A nice tender mercy from God. Heavenly
Father really does work in interesting ways. He shows his love for us
and knows how to make us feel loved. He wants us to know that he is
aware of our needs.
So recently we, as missionaries are required to do 10 hours of
community service per week. If we can't find service projects, we have
been asked by President Van Cott, to walk and pick up trash. So, this
week while walking and trying to clean up the streets of Fontana,
Sister Young and I finished a street, had handfuls of garbage, and
realized we had no where to put it. We were thinking we were pretty
dumb for not bringing anything with us and were hoping we would find
someone that would let us use their trash can. Unfortunately we found
none. However, as we kept walking and continued to try and serve, we
found a nice grocery bag with no holes in it and we able to use it. I
know that this is not a mighty miracle by any means, but we knew that
God was aware of our needs and our desires. He truly wants us to be
happy. :)

Well, I hope that all of you are having a wonderful week. I love you
all so much and I love hearing from you!
I am so grateful for this gospel and all of the blessings that it has
to offer! Take some time this week to really sit down and count your
blessings. Notice all of the little things that Heavenly Father does
for you and know that you are loved without measure. Find the little
miracles, and with it will come feelings of love and joy.

All of my Love,

Sister Hope

Also one of our investigators has a turtle that they put in their back
yard. it gets to roam the grass just like the dog. This is Mr. Moe

Sister Buswell, one of our ward mates. We met up yesterday and it was
a little awkward...

yum! Smoothies!

26.7 lbs. Thats a lot of watermelon :)
We also have decided to do one experiment fruit per week. This week is papaya :)
The picture of our health

No comments:

Post a Comment