Well,
this week has been full of adventures as always. We have been so
very
busy! It has been wonderful though :)
We
have been blessed to be able to teach so many people about prophets
and
apostles in preparation for conference. It is such a huge blessing!!
I
am so grateful for the knowledge that we have that there truly is a
prophet
on the earth today. We are not left here alone. God is
communicating
with us and he is blessing us with the words we need for eternal
life.
We
have had so many incredible miracles this week! It really has been
almost
too good to be true. This week we got to teach the Soto family
about
the Story of Enos and about prayer. We truly love them so much.
Their
family has been so prepared to hear the the Good News that we
have
to share. The lesson was wonderful and the spirit was great. We
invited
them to attend conference and they said they would. This week
Sister
Soto came to Women's Conference! She loved it!
Even
better was that Sister Rogers, a member of our ward, gave all of
us
a ride there. Her and Sister Soto hit it off and Sister Rogers is
taking
such good care of them. Sister Rogers is taking Sister Soto,
and
2 other investigators along with Sister Kagle, a less active, to
Los
Angeles in October to go to see the temple and go to the visitors
center
there! Members are so great!! We LOVE them!
Also
this week we got to go and see Sister Kagle. We continued helping
her
clean her home and got her excited for conference. She doesn't
come
to church because she works on Sundays, but we are hoping that
changes
soon and so is she! She is so wonderful! I am so grateful to
have
been able to meet her! :)
I
have been really bad about telling you about all of the exchanges I
have
been on this transfer, but its okay. :) This week I was on
exchanges
with Sister Buswell. She serves in this ward as well, so it
was
very fun! :) While we were together we went to do some service--
and
by service I mean pick up trash on the streets of Fontana-- and we
came
upon the most friendly man! His name is Bishop Davis. He is the
Bishop
of a local Christian church. He was so sweet. He was very
excited
to meet us and even offered to have us over for dinner as a
welcome
to Fontana! So fun! I love kind people! They are so wonderful!
I
cannot believe how many of them I have been blessed to meet in the
last
6 weeks.
With
that its time for....... TRANSFERS!!
You
would think with me only having been here for 6 weeks, and Sister
Young
having been here for 7 and 1/2 months that I would be staying
and
she would be heading out to another new adventure, but nope! I am
packing
my bags again! Its time to move out! We found out Yesterday
that
I will be moving to the other side of Fontana, to the Alder ward,
and
that I will be with Sister Rogerson! I am so excited! Sister Young
and
I have had a ton of fun though. We have decided it has been a
companionship
worth a wedding invitation ;) Also, since I am in the
same
stake and zone we will see each other a lot in the next few
weeks!
We have general conference this weekend, the stake activity-- a
fiesta!--
in a couple of weeks, hopefully the Soto family baptism,
Elder
Evans from the Quorem of the Seventy on the 16 of October, a
temple
trip, and any other exciting events that may be happening in
the
next 6 weeks!
In
other news I am also very excited to go be with Sister Rogerson!
She
was in my Zone in Redlands, and we drove to Fontana together. We
also
went on exchanges with each other a couple of weeks ago. She is
wonderful,
and we are going to have so much fun! She is from either
North
or South Carolina, so that will be fun as well! We found out
transfers
from President and Sister Van Cott yesterday because they
spoke
in the sacrament meeting before ours. Sister Van Cott said she
was
jealous for the rest of the sisters because this transfer was
going
to be a blast for sister Rogerson and I. I hope so! I am so
excited
to go meet everyone in the Alder ward and serve them!
One
more thing. A nice scripture thought :)
In
Alma 26 Ammon glories in the Lord and shares his testimony of the
Gospel
of Jesus Christ, particularly repentance.
In verses 21-22 he says:
"And
now behold, my brethren, what natural man is there that knoweth
these
things? I say unto you, there is none that knoweth these things,
save
it be the penitent.
"Yea,
he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good
works,
and prayeth continually without ceasing-- unto such is given to
know
the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal
things
which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto
such
to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been
given
to us to bring these our brethren to repentance."
Cling
to the promises in the scriptures.
I
love you all! Have a good week and remember to go into conference
with
a question in you heart! God speaks to us and "He revealeth His
secrets
unto His servants the prophets" (Amos 3:7) If you want to know
the
mysteries of the Kingdom of God, listen to the men who know :)
Sister
Hope :)
PS: Shoot! I completely forgot for a minute! This week we also got to
watch a sneak preview of "Meet the Mormons" !!! It was so great! Take
all of your friends!
(Unless you are a mom of a missionary, then you will just cry)
watch a sneak preview of "Meet the Mormons" !!! It was so great! Take
all of your friends!
(Unless you are a mom of a missionary, then you will just cry)
| Somos las misioneras para La Iglesia de JesuCristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias! :) Camera:Sister Buswell Left to Right, Hermana Deroche, Sister Young, Sister Davis, Sister Hope, Hermana Stevensen |
| Also, I have been using my nail painting talents to serve people! Love the women we meet! :) |
| Sister Buswell and I accidentally match all the time. Yikes! |
| Sister Buswell, Sister Davis, Sister Hope, Sister Young, Hermana Stevensen, Hermana Deroche |
| Women's Conference with our investigators! |
| Familia Mendoza |
| Familia Mendoza |
No comments:
Post a Comment