Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Mission Conference!


Wow! This week we got to have a mission conference! It was such a huge
blessing for Elder Evans to come and visit us! I loved it. I think the
thing that stood out to me the most was that we should never delay
things that God would have us do. I feel like that was talked about a
lot concerning marriage, but I think it definitely applies to all
things that we do. We shouldn't delay talking to people about the
Gospel because their salvation is too important. We shouldn't delay it
because who really knows when people are ready other than the Lord?
We also talked a lot about talking with people rather than talking to
them. That is a pretty important life skill if you ask me. I think I
have learned here more than ever that being shy or being an introvert
is being selfish. We have been given the blessing to know of the
Gospel, and we should be sharing it with others. I am so grateful for
the counsel received. I felt like it was a great meeting to just equip
us for life, rather than just missionary work. We get to learn to
apply these things now so that we can use them in the future. I mean,
can we really know who we want to marry if we don't know how to talk
with them? I think not.

In other news, I think this week was a week of realizing for me. I had
a lot of moment talking to people when afterwards I just thought,
'Wow! I would have handled that much differently, and not in a good
way, a year ago."

Its kind of nice to see that I have changed even though I don't
usually recognize those things in myself. It's pretty cool. There were
several times that I thought to myself, 'Wow, I really was being
immature and stupid when I was back home. My siblings weren't calling
me out on nothing.'

Also, I think that Heavenly Father is really trying to teach me to
have more Faith in His timing. I always receive the answers to my
prayers just a little later than when I thought I needed them most,
but when I was actually prepared to understand. God really does know
so much better than us, doesn't he?

We also had one more really cool experience this week! So, there is a
woman in the ward that we work with fairly regularly. Her name is
Sister Gifford, and we are working towards helping her go to the
temple. However she has a smoking problem. Well, sister Rogerson and
I, being the sneaky sister missionaries that we are decided to devise
a plan. We created some candy cigarettes and decided to do an exchange
with her so that she would have a nice alternative to her smoking.

When we went over to give her her surprise, we were surprised because
she didnt have any cigarettes to exchenage. She hadnt bought any! We
gave her ours anyways, and she loved it! She has been telling other
women in the ward about it. Also that night, we were able to pick up
her elderly friend that she cares for, Ginny as a new investigator!
Ginny is in her 90s we think, and we just love her to death! She is so
stinkin' cute :)

Well, I love you ALL and I hope that you have a great week! Do all
that you can to reach out to others in love! That's the best way to be
a member missionary! :)

Sister Hope
Courage to stand strong!

"Thank you for choosing Jesus Christ"   We got some smarties and wrapped them in receipt paper. On the paper were some quotes and scriptures to strengthen sister Gifford when she is tempted! :)

Also, I got to see Sister Gillespie at the mission conference, YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment