Wednesday, October 8, 2014

"Spiritual questions deserve spiritual answers from God." -Elder Neil L. Anderson



Wow! What a wonderful week!
It is such a privilege to be able to go and feast upon the words of
our prophets! I am so grateful that we are able to know that we "are
no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints,
and with the household of God; and are built upon the foundations of
the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner
stone" (Ephesians 2:19-20).
What a blessing!
This week has been so much fun with Sister Rogerson! We are loving
working together so much, and having a ridiculous amount of fun being
missionaries!
Right now we are teaching a 9-year-old girl named Sky! She is
scheduled to be baptized the end of this month and is so stinkin'
cute! We are loving getting to know her and seeing how faithful
children really are. I love being able to grow from her sweet
testimony.
We also have a lot of less active work that we are doing here. It
keeps us busy and keeps us on our toes! I wish everyone could
understand that it is better to "stay on the boat." When put in
perspective from what Elder M. Russell Ballard shared with us it makes
so much sense that in times of storm or in times of peace, it is
better to stay on the boat and hold on with both hands.
I loved that this conference I felt like we were really being told to
find our testimonies of the small but important pieces of the Gospel.
If you are not doing those essential spiritual things to feed yourself
daily, I recommend that you repent and do something better. There are
so many blessings that are part of this gospel that are ours for the
taking, however, we cannot just sit back and expect our Father in
Heaven to hand them over to us. He wants us to use our agency and
learn to choose happiness and eternal life in His presence.
I loved Elder Anderson's talk and the promises that he gave to us, he
gave us a wonderful prophesy that our testimonies of the restoration
of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the prophet Joseph smith are
about to tried. Do those things that you need to now so that you know
that your testimony is secure. We do not want to have reason to doubt
our latter-day prophets at any time. Do all that is necessary to make
sure you are firm in the faith that God has placed on this earth
prophets, seers, and revelators that are there to guide us through
these last days. Heed their counsel. Sister Rogerson and I are going
to take his challenge to the youth (since we really are still
children) and record ourselves reading the testimony of the prophet
Joseph Smith. I hope all of you do to. We don't have to be youth to
strengthen our personal witness :) Take the time to really sit and
ponder on any of the things you might have questions about. Heavenly
Father is eager to respond and wants us to have those spiritual
answers we yearn for.
Also, just a nice warning, "Casualness in spiritual matters never was
happiness."
Whoa :) I love the warnings and directions from these servants of our
Heavenly Father. I pray that I will be able to heed this counsel and
be better, and that you all do the same :)
Thank you for all of your prayers and love. They meant the world to me
:) I am so indebted to the love of my family. You are all so wonderful!
Take the time each day to be sure that you are making the preparations
you need to arm yourself against the worlds. Read your Scriptures, say
your prayers, and have FAITH! :)
I love you!
Sister Hope

Sister Young and I on our last day together! Um, if you ever see a
mexican man selling corn on the side of the road. Please buy some, It
is delicious :)

Sister Rogerson and I didn't take any pictures this week, so here is one
from the library just now. she is from North Carolina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment