This week has been a little rockier than others, but with the mercies of the Lord, things have worked together for our good. We were able to pick up 6 new investigators! It is wonderful to see the hand of the Lord in our work. This truly is His work, not ours.
This week we had a Zone Conference! It was so much fun. I love being instructed as missionaries. I think it is pretty close to the top of my favorite things list. We talked a lot about conversion and how that happens. Sometimes missionaries work with people and they get baptized and the road kind of ends there. They are not truly converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and therefore do not live that testimony. We are all looking for those converts that want to do everything for the right reasons. Those converts that cant been burned out of the church. It is neat to be able to study examples of conversion in the scriptures. To see that there really are so many pieces that add together to achieve conversion. Unfortunately missionaries aren't a huge part of that. It has to be the Spirit, and they have to have a sincere desire. It is great though.
Also a cool thing from Zone Conference, Sister Rogerson and I had been talking about how we would probably be working up in the nicer part of Fontana because of the new set of Elders (We now have a senior couple, Sister Rogerson and I, and two sets of Elders) and were excited about the prospect, even though most of our investigators are in the more humble parts of town. I really like that we have felt like that we need to work more up there and then at zone conference we received a second witness. President Van Cott told us that sometimes we focus too much attention on those who have everything wrong with them. Sometimes there are people prepared and are already living good lives. Hopefully we can find those people in the next few weeks. We have been talking to the members and lots of them are willing and wanting to talk more to their neighbors, so we are excited to be working with them!
I am looking forward to a great week! I love you all!
Sister Hope
No comments:
Post a Comment