Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Transfers

Well, there is a first time for everything! 
I am finally getting to stay in my area with my same companion for more than one transfer! WooHoo! Sister Rogerson and I are very excited. We are teaching so many great people, and have had so many great times serving the Lord. 
Our zone is changing quite a bit this transfer. There are a bunch of Elders coming in this transfer and hardly any sisters, which is different than it has been in quite some time. So, there are just lots of changes being made. The ward I am in now is getting another set of Elders. That means we will have two sets of Elders, us sisters, and a Senior Couple, The Hills :) 
We are excited for the adventures ahead :) 
I am so very grateful that I am able to be here in the California Redlands Mission! This week has been kind of stressful for Sister Rogerson due to a family in the ward that lives in some pretty interesting circumstances.  I am so grateful for my mission president and the time that he takes to take care of us. He was so very wonderful in helping my companion and also in letting me know what I can do to help. I am so blessed to be under the direction of inspired priesthood leaders that truly love and care about us and the work that we are doing. I love all of the things that he teaches us from the scriptures and know that part of why I am here is so that I can learn from him. 
It is just an extra witness that all things happen for a reason and Heavenly Father is very much involved in the details of our lives. He knows who we are. He knows what we need and he is there helping us along the way to fulfill the prayers and promises to prophets and leaders among us. President Van Cott often talks about how his ultimate goal is for us to become the people that God intends us to be. He knows that by doing so, we will be a great mission and we will find success in our work. I also love the prayer of Nephi at the end of his writings saying, "I pray the Father in the name of Christ that many of us, if not all, may be saved in his kingdom at that great and last day" (2Nephi33:12).
That's a prayer of a righteous man of God. Heavenly Father wants all of us to return to Him. What are we doing to help that cause? :)
I love you all! I hope that you are having a great week! :) 
Love, Sister Hope :)

This is one of my new favorite babies since I never get pictures of any in Idaho :) Love you :)
This is our WML daughter :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment