Thursday, December 18, 2014

Transfers

Well, this has been an interesting week. It has flown by, that is for sure. The transfer itself has flown. It is crazy! It has only been a 5 week transfer though, so I guess that it makes sense.
We had a pretty good week. We were able to meet with a few of our investigators. It was great fun.
We had a really awesome lesson with Dori this week. We talked about prayer and the power it can have in our lives. She prayed for the first time and it was very exciting! We love her so much! She was supposed to come to church on Sunday, but her birthday was on Saturday and so that didn't work out. 
It was sad, but hopefully it will work sometime in the very near future. It has been so neat to work with her. She has the light of Christ burning so bright within her. Whenever we share scriptures with her she always talks bout how familiar they are and how she knows that they are true and from God. She is wonderful! 
In other news, this week has been a little slow because I finally caught the plague that all of the other missionaries in this ward have had. Yikes! I kind of forgot that cold season would come with or without the cold. 
Despite the illnesses going around, we sang in a missionary choir this week in church! We have 3 sets of missionaries in the ward, so it was us and the two sets of elders. It was fun! We sang "Come unto Christ." It was the Youth theme song for 2014, and it was great. I even saw a few people crying, so by Andrea's standard we must have done our job right :) 

I guess I should have said that this ward "had" 3 sets of missionaries. We got our transfer calls this morning. Sister Rogerson will be going to Colton, and I will be going back to Redlands! :) The Alder ward is losing their sister missionaries :( It is sad to leave, and there are so many people that I will miss here, but I am excited to be headed back to Redlands. I will be in the Mountain View ward. And, I will be in a TRIO!! Yikes! I am kind of terrified. It will be okay though. I am going to be with Sister Decker, who replaced me in the Mill Creek ward, and Sister Lee, that I was roommates with when I was in YSA. Sister Lee goes home on the 29th so that will be fun! I will get to help her finish her mission! I already know and love both of them, so I am very excited! It will be interesting though, that is for sure :) 

Well, I dont have too much  time because Sister Rogerson and I have LOTS of packing to do! I love you all and I hope that you have a GREAT week!

Merry Christmas! Share the spirit with someone today :) 
Sister Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment