Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas

Hey everyone!
I hope that all of you have had a super wonderful week! It is great to hear about all the Christmas fun! 
This week has been pretty slow here. Sister Rogerson was sick most of the week, so we spent a lot of time at home. She has recovered, so we are picking back up :) 
I think the most exciting thing about this week was learning about the "He is the Gift" initiative! It is way awesome! I hope that all of you take the time to ponder on this message that is being given to us/
Elder Jeffery R. Holland once said, "a simple reminder that this Church is always only one generation away from extinction. That does not change however many decades old we are now. It was true in 1840, it was true in 1891, and is true in 1981. We are always just one generation away from extinction. All we would have to do, I assume, to destroy this work is stop teaching our children for one generation. Just everybody stop, close the books, seal up your heart, keep your mouth shut, and don’t bear a testimony. In one generation it would be 1820 all over again."
It is a pretty scary thought. 
I think that is one thing that has surprised me most about being out on my mission. The overall lack of attention that people give to our savior. It is not uncommon at all to come across people that have little idea about why Jesus Christ is such a big deal or why so many people will devote their lives to him. Even more astonishing is that more and more often we come across children who dont even recognize the name "Christ," and havent a clue about who he was. 
It is so troubling to me that there are people that go through this life with all the trials and tribulations that come from mortality without a knowledge of the peace and happiness that they could have. 
This Christmas season I hope that each and every one of you is taking the time to share the gift that you have. Dont let your brothers and sisters all around you go another day without knowing that you have something that could bring them happiness :) 
You have all had the opportunity to discover the gift (at least I hope so :)) so now it is time to embrace the gift and to share it. Jesus Christ was the greatest gift ever given to this world. We know about Him and we have the opportunity to help others discover this also :) How Wonderful!! :) 

He is the gift!! How special :) 

I hope that you all go take the time to watch this video and share it with others to bring their hearts back to the true meaning of Christmas! Share it on all of your social medias :) I love you and I hope that you have a great week feasting upon the words of Christ and drawing nearer to our savior :)
"Redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth.
"Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of the law be answered.
"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be throught th emerits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead."
2 Nephi 2:6-8 (emphasis added) 
"Our duty is to preach the Gospel to all men... That is what God expects of us." 
-President John Taylor
I love you all, I hope that you have a wonderful week! 
Sister Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment