Monday, January 12, 2015

Language of the Spirit

Well, dear friends, another week has come and gone. It seems like they are flying by extra quickly these days :)
I dont have too much time, so I will just tell you of a few of our adventures this week.
First off, did you all know that you can request to have sent to you patriarchal blessings given to deceased ancestors? Um. Coolest thing ever. I would highly recommend it. It is a neat way to be united with your family. Spirit of Elijah :)
Onto other things though.
This week we had a way awesome experience. Being in southern California we get to meet people from all over the world. I am pretty sure that I have served a more foreign mission that most other people. Besides having running water and electricity all the time (Tender mercies really). This week we were able to have dinner with some members of the ward that are from Bangladesh.  My name is now Bon Asha at their house :) (I have so many names here... :))
Anywhoo we got to go and experience their culture, and it was AWESOME :) We got to eat with our hands and feel of their Christlike love :)
The invited many of their non-member family members over, and at the end of the meal we decided to just sing for them since some of them didnt understand very much english. They were really interested in me being able to speak a little spanish, So I sang "How Great thou Art to them in spanish. At the chorus Sister Decker came in in English, and to our surprise the whole family came in in Bengali. It was so neat to be able to be united with them in our belief in Christ. They are such a wonderful family. I hope that  I have more to tell you about them soon :)

Anywhoo. I hope that this week has been wonderful for all of you and that you have all been working hard to accomplish your new years goals :) If you dont have any, now is a perfect time to set them :)
I love you all!
Sister Hope









No comments:

Post a Comment