This week was a pretty slow one. Not a ton going on. The area is pretty slow in general right now. The Elders are having a hard time finding people to teach as well. We are always busy though, so that's good!
We did have a super awesome experience this week!
Remember Lori? Maiden name Beach? So we had a lesson on Family History with them this week and silly me did not even make the connection until that day that her husbands last name is Nelson. WHAT?!? I was telling them all that I could remember from what Mom has talked to me about, and I think that I am related to both of them! CRAZY! I showed them the temple name that Mom sent to me and there was a lot of silence. It was so awesome to feel that spirit of Elijah in the room drawing us together :) We want to set up a time to go to the family history center to help them prepare their family names for the Temple, and also figure out where the relations are at! Woo Hoo :)
Other than that I dont have too much to report. We just talked to LOTS of people. That's pretty fun though, so I cant complain.
The ward I am in is a little different. There are two huge hospitals here, and most of the members of the ward are residents. Its like a singles ward, but everyone has like 3 kids under 5. Primary is huge :) Its really fun though. Lots of young vibrant people to make things interesting. And lots of doctors to ask all of our medical questions. Its weird how transitional it is for a family ward though.
Also something interesting about this area is that one of the medical schools, and hospitals -- Loma Linda-- is a religious school. They are Seventh Day Adventist. Its fun and interesting. Its like Provo is to Mormons as Loma Linda is to Seventh Day Adventists. People always tell us we are in the wrong town... Its great though. They are some of the nicest people I have ever met!
We had an awfully fun adventure this morning. For our exercise and studies we went out to some mountains-- okay, more like large hills-- and went for a hike and did our studies out there. It was so fun! It was a little annoying because you could hear the interstate buzzing in the background, but over all it was great. I love being able to enjoy God's creations! I have lots of pictures, but I forgot my camera. Lo siento. Maybe next week :)
Well, I love you all! Hope this New Year is looking BRIGHT :)
Sister Hope
No comments:
Post a Comment