If there is
one thing I have learned since coming to California it is that missionary work
definitely has its' highs and its' lows. This week has been a bit slow.
We were
able to teach Lori, and it was interesting to say the least. One of the hardest
things about missionary work is when people are simply just not in a state
where they can accept the message of the Gospel. Everyone always asks what the
hardest thing is. Its not being away from family. Its not missing out on
Facebook or new Movies. Its not getting up early or living on our own. Its
seeing people that have felt the spirit, who have received some kind of witness
that what you share is true, and simply choose not to act on it.
I am
grateful for my knowledge of agency and why it is such an important thing, but
lets be real-- sometimes I hate it. Its heartbreaking to see people miss out on
so much happiness in life because they dont have the faith to take a big step.
Some day they will I hope. Life has a way of building our faith. Or rather, God
has a way of building our faith.
We also got
to stop by and see Mary and Lemar last night! We had a wonderful visit, and we
are thinking that now might finally be the time when they have been prepared.
Mary is coming to our stake relief society conference this weekend, so that
should be awesome!!
Also some
fun things happening this week:
We get to
go to the temple tomorrow!! WOO HOO!!! It has been so long :) I am so excited!!
Also, we
have an awesome service project! We get to count homeless people at 5 am :) How
fun!! AHH-- It is so neat to be able to work in such an awesome community! I
love it! Redlands is wonderful!
Anywho! I
hope that all of you have a wonderful week! I love you!
Sister
Hope
| Sorry. Please excuse me while I brag about the weather for a moment. Our chocolate melted together in the car because we left it there overnight. In January. Yes, I am enjoying the sunshine :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment