However it is so much fun to be in a new place :)
I am now in Palm Desert in the Bermuda Dunes ward!
My companion is Sister Letoa. She is from American Samoa.
Its been in the 80s and 90s this week, and we are in a walking area :)
I am so sad that I didnt get to stay in the Mountain View ward longer!
It was so much fun! I simply love the people there! They are WONDERFUL :)
Tanya and TK
I feel like I have almost entirely changed missions. Its a little strange. Also, I do language study now helping
Sister Letoa learn English :)
Tanya and TK
I feel like I have almost entirely changed missions. Its a little strange. Also, I do language study now helping
Sister Letoa learn English :)
Anywhoo, The desert is wonderful so far! Definitely plenty warm! We have an awesome ward though!
They are so willing to help us out and give us rides anywhere that we need. We are super grateful for them!
This week has been a little slow. Monday and Tuesday we were mostly packing and visiting some people for
my last time. We also had to move around our apartment because there was another set of sisters moving in.
Busy busy busy :)
Wednesday was transfers. It took a bit of time to drive out here, and then getting all settled in. Its been real fun :)
Sister Letoa has been laughing at me all week because (as I am sure you are all aware) I have no fear and am
always waving to all of the cars that drive past us and talking to the random people on the street. I think I have
become incredibly grateful that I didnt have to learn a language for my mission. I think I might have lost a bit of
my courage! Now I just have to keep working on the humility and on not being weird. I think I have become weird.
Yikes.
Well, we have a couple of families that we are working with here. We picked up David this week. David is
married to a less active member, Kristine. He has taken the lessons before, but we aren't too sure what
happened with that. They seem promising though :) We taught them the restoration, and that went pretty well.
We will see how things progress!
We are also working with the Bomaritto family. Once again Sister Bomaritto is a member, and Brother Bomaritto
is not. They are great though. We havent been able to really teach them yet, but soon :) Brother Bomaritto is a
lawyer, and is super busy, so its hard to find him home. we had dinner with them at another members house
last night though, and that went well! He seems to want what the Gospel offers, so hopefully things go well from
here. :)
We definitely had an interesting experience with the Bomarrittos this week! We had dinner with them on Thursday,
and it was quite the adventure. Their 5 year old let me pull his tooth out! Woah! Put that one in the books :)
No comments:
Post a Comment