I hope that I
can have time to write to you about such a wonderful week! Things have been
going so great! The work has literally exploded! :)
I cannot think
of another way to do this other than to just write it out day by day for you,
so here it goes:
Monday:
Pday as usual.
I gave Sister Lee a haircut. Yikes. I am not sure why people trust me
sometimes. I mean "I've seen my mom do it a lot." It turned out I
hope that I can have time to write to you about such a wonderful week! Things
have been going so great! The work has literally exploded! :)
I cannot think
of another way to do this other than to just write it out day by day for you,
so here it goes:
Monday:
Pday as usual.
I gave Sister Lee a haircut. Yikes. I am not sure why people trust me
sometimes. I mean "I've seen my mom do it a lot." It turned out good
though. I guess that you all can be the judges :) I keep having more people ask
me about it now and ask me if I will give them a haircut too. Maybe I will just
go to beauty school when I get home ;)
Before:people
ask me about it now and ask me if I will give them a haircut too. Maybe I will
just go to beauty school when I get home ;)
Before:
We were able
to have a lesson with Penny and Pauline at night! Woo Hoo! It was so awesome.
They told us all about the many blessings that they had seen in the last week
after starting to learn about the Gospel and reading in the Book of Mormon. We
taught them the Plan of Salvation and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was so
good. It was definitely on my list of top 10 lessons on my mission. They asked
us when they could be baptized and said that they would prefer sooner rather
than later :) There will be much more about them later :)
Tuesday:
Tuesday was
also great. We had some service in the afternoon, and then were able to have a
lesson with LaVerne before dinner. She is doing great as well. She is now
preparing for baptism also. She is so good :) She always gives us pictures from
all of the trips she has been on in her life
After:
Later on
Monday we were able to have a lesson with Penny and Pauline at night! Woo Hoo!
It was so awesome. They told us all about the many blessings that they had seen
in the last week after starting to learn about the Gospel and reading in the
Book of Mormon. We taught them the Plan of Salvation and the Gospel of Jesus
Christ. It was so good. It was definitely on my list of top 10 lessons on my
mission. They asked us when they could be baptized and said that they would
prefer sooner rather than later :) There will be much more about them later :)
Tuesday:
Tuesday was
also great. We had some service in the afternoon, and then were able to have a
lesson with LaVerne before dinner. She is doing great as well. We taught her
the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She is now preparing for baptism also. She is so
good :) She always gives us pictures from all of the trips she has been on in
her life. I think I could make a scrapbook :) Its pretty fun :)
Wednesday:
This day was a
little less exciting. We spent most of the day waiting for our car to be fixed
and we were stuck in a city 20 miles away. There was one real pro though-- We
got to wait at the only Sonic in the mission :) It was kind of the best thing
ever :)
Also, Sister
Lee drew me this cool plan of Salvation :)
This day we
brought back a bit more excitement. We had a lesson with LaVerne. We were able
to read with her in the book of mormon. We wanted to read where she was, so we
read Jacob 2. That was a little interesting, but great none the less :)
We also
stopped by to see Pauline. Her husband-- Steve-- Had gone in for surgery the
day before. She was a little rough, but overall great. She has a lot of
struggles in life-- however, she is so great because she sees so clearly how
the Gospel is there to help and how it makes everything better-- Not perfect,
but better. Her faith is absolutely amazing :)
Friday:
We finally got
to see Wendy on Friday! We were able to give her a church tour and talk about
the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Once again, she asked us when she could be baptized
:) The Spirit is so amazing!
Also, Penny
asked me to cut her hair this day as a service to her. She really liked Sister
Lee's. I had spiked sister Lee's into a mohawk that day and when I finished
cutting Penny's she asked if I would spike hers too. :)
My Mohawk
Girls :)
Saturday!
WooHoo!! This
day was pretty much the bomb. We had a mission conference all morning. Elder
Brent H. Neilson, of the Seventy was there. It was awesome. He wasn't here on
assignment, he just was just down here doing other things and wanted to visit
the mission. It was awesome. He talked alot about the fundamentals of misionary
work. He also talked alot about the Atonement and how this life is supposed to
be uncomfortable. It was really good. I just love being visited by our General
Authorities :)
Here's an
extra secret-- He is speaking in General Conference on Sunday, so when you
watch him you can know that I shook his hand this week and we talked about Good
ol' Twin Falls :)
After Mission
Conference we rushed back to DHS and had a lesson with Pauline. We taught the
Word of Wisdom. She accepted and has set the goal to be done with her habits by
April 5. She is awesome! We love her faith :)
After that
lesson we went over to LaVerns so that we could drive in front of her out to
Yucca Valley to go to the General Women's Broadcast. It was great. LaVerne was
there, Wendy was there, and Penny and Pauline watched it at home so that they
wouldnt have to leave Steve :)
Sunday:
Sunday was also
pretty fantastic. We taught this cute old couple that grew up in Twin in like
the 30s and 40s. They were laughing because none of the buildings that they
asked me about are still standing.
We also were
able to have a Word of Wisdom lesson with Penny. She accepted also, and she is
working with Pauline towards the 5th of April. We also stopped by LaVernes, and
she gave us her coffee pot :)
I love being
able to work with people who see the blessings of the Gospel and are so willing
and so ready to accept it. The Lord's hand truly is in this work. I love being
able to see that. I know that this really is God's work here on the Earth. We
are here to be instruments in His hands in bringing to pass the immortality and
Eternal Life of Man. I love it. I love you all!
Sister Hope
Oh, and since I
dont have time to write about it. Go to helives.mormon.org and watch and share that
video. Have a contest to see who can get the most likes on it on facebook :)
Its a wonderful Time of year! Cant wait for conference!
No comments:
Post a Comment